November 3, 2017

#BLOGLIKECRAZY 3: WELCOME TO THE FAMILY...

...the sewing machine family that is.


This Brother VX11-20 was gifted to me this past weekend by a lovely group of my family members, the Hughes' (Anthony, Shena, Chuck, Kenny and Telly).  Truly this is one of the sweetest families I know - and not just because they are my cousins.  They lost their Mother about 3 years ago, and lost their Father this past September. My heart goes out to them! This machine belonged to their lovely, sweet  Mother who ALWAYS made me feel so welcome in her home.  My cousins decided that they wanted me to have it because they knew that I would put it to good use.  Thank you so much Cousins!

I have never owned a Brother machine.  It came to my home without a manual, but I know it won't be a problem finding one on the internet.  This was such a sweet gesture, one that I will cherish for a very long time. I think it speaks volumes to what they think of me...

18 comments:

  1. Awww, Faye, this post made my eyes well up...what a wonderful story and you are truly a very blessed person! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their choosing me really means a lot Myra!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet gesture. Enjoy it and all the sweet memories of time spent with your aunt. I have 4 Brother machines, and all are pretty user friendly and reliable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be taking it for a spin real soon Cindy. I really cherish this gift!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new baby and such a beautiful way to share their mother's love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. The gift is truly appreciated too.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet story, and how special to have a machine that was do special to your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said this has always been one of the sweetest family I know!

      Delete
  5. Nice machine :) My BFF gave me one a few years back. I had to service it a little myself. I took it to work to sew on my lunch break but never got a chance to. FIESTA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific gift! Enjoy using it for the years to come. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blessing of love for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet of them. I know you will always treasure this thoughtful and heartfelt gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I truly treasure this gift Tomasa!

      Delete
  9. Such a precious gift Ms. Faye..you will have great memories as you use it!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...